Google Analytics

Tuesday 9 June 2009

Korres Wild Rose Foundation Review

This is a review on the Korres Wild Rose Foundation, it comes in 30ml bottle and retail for £20.

From the box: Long-lasting foundation for a flawless, radiant finish. Smooth to apply and easy to blend, it offers natural looking coverage and sun protection. Wild rose, a natural source of vitamin C, works to repair fine lines and brighten uneven skin tone.

I purchased this based on the glowing review given to it by Lisasz09 on youtube, she absolutely raves about it and I can really see why.

Let me start by saying that selecting a shade takes a little work and even after doing my research I picked the right shade depth but the wrong undertone. This is because Korres Color isn't sold in many places and there was no way for me to get color matched, and had to rely on online swatches to make my selection.
I got it in shade WR1 when I really should have gone for WR2 which is more yellow than peach, apparently the un-even numbers are like MAC's NW shades and the even numbers are like MAC's NC shades.
Having said I've matched my undertone wrong, it doesn't look bad, in fact I'm probably the only one who notices it and as I set with a yellow based powder it seems to even everything out quite nicely.

One thing I hate about Korres is the packiging, the Primer and Ginger and Vitamin foundation are packaged in toothpaste tubes and this one is in a brown glass bottle and not a pump in sight, I cannot understand why companies in general don't provide pumps with bottled foundation especially if it's in a glass bottle as these are easier to go flying out of your hands when your shaking it to get product out.

Design flaw aside I cannot fault the stuff, it's medium to full coverage with an SPF of 20 and it leaves my skin looking flawless, not a blemish in sight.
It even my skintone in a way no other foundation ever as and it does so without making my face feel caked, I would probably say this compares the closest to Studio Fix Fluid in finish but anyone who's ever used that will know it can feel heavy and make you look greasy, the Wild Rose doesn't have that problem.
I've actually gone a full day and it's still perfectly in place, it doesn't budge and it doesn't sweat off which can be a major problem for me.
This is fast becoming my Holy grail Foundation and I will certainly b re-purchasing, in a different shade, when it runs out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for pointing out the even and odd number difference! I got a sample of WRF3 and thought it was an okay match, but when I saw the colors from different online sites it was very difficult to tell what the difference was between WRF3 and WRF2. I just ordered WRF2 blindly at the end with a kit. Now knowing WRF2 is for yellow undertone, I feel more confident that this is a better match for me.

    ReplyDelete