Since my previous post was about hair dye I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to post a set of guidelines on how to keep your color from fading.
1. Use a shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for color treated hair, preferably a sulfate free one and one that as UV protection to prevent fading from the sun.
2. Use a protein conditioner once a week to deeply nourish and strenghten your hair.
Color treated hair tends to be drier and more prone to damage and what the protein treatment will do is temporarily fill in any spots that need repairing.
3. Rinse in cold water, it's hard I know but it makes such a difference in how long your color lasts. The cool water closes the hair cuticle trapping the color molecules in and giving a fantastic shine too.
4. Use a thermal heat protectant before you use any heat appliances, it will prevent your hair from any unecessary damage and slow down the fading that a blowdrier, straightener or curling tong can do.
5. If your gonna be in the sun for a long period of time wear an hat or a scarf, the sun will bleach the color right out of your hair, this is not only true for dyed hair but virgin hair too.
So there you have it, those are the basic step I follow in order to keep my hair's vibrancy for as long as I possibly can.