Google Analytics

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation Review

Skin Base is the latest foundation by Illamasqua and is inspired by the Beauty Balm/Blemish Balm creams that are so popular on the Asian market.
BB Creams are a multi-purpose product that combines your moisturiser, primer, foundation, concealer and SPF all in one, sort of like a supercharged tinted moisturiser.



I was matched up to shade 03 which is a little too yellow but shade 04 is slightly too dark, I can make either one work but for the price of it I would have liked a perfect match, I also find it highlights any dry, flaky areas and can clump if your skin isn't well moisturised.
I loved it the first couple of days I used it but it's almost as if my skin got used to it and started to dry out from it and it also felt quite heavy on my skin.

I don't know what I was expecting but I feel Skin Base is no different to any other medium coverage, dewy  finish foundation on the market, it's okay but I wouldn't choose it over my other foundations.

Have you tried Skin Base and what did you think? What are your favourite BB Creams?


3 comments:

  1. It is disappointing isn't it, such a shame we can't return makeup in the UK ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the returns policy in the UK sucks! I don't believe you should be allowed to return a product if you've used it a couple of times and you are just bored with it but if the product doesn't suit you then you should be able to take it back.
    Not impressed with the MAC BB cream either and I shall be doing a full review on that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree.
    I had been thinking about getting the MAC BB, so I'll hold off and wait for your review :)

    ReplyDelete